Discovering Fun Fall Events in Cary, NC
Fall is a favorite time of year for many North Carolina residents, simply because the state is brimming with autumn color and a wealth of events where the season truly shines.
Starting with the North Carolina State Fair in adjacent Raleigh, the Triangle area celebrates the fall season in style with a host of activities, festivals, and other events that will get everyone in a cool-weather kind of mood.
So make the most out of the fall this year by checking out all the things to do that the city of Cary has to offer! From kid-friendly activities to spooky events, the fall is definitely a fine time to live and play in central North Carolina.
Pumpkin Patches and Corn Mazes
No fall celebration is complete without a visit to your local pumpkin patch, and there are several grand options to choose from in the Cary region. Check out the Green Acres farm, which also boasts games, a hayride, and more fun for everyone in the family, or Ken’s Korny Korn Maze which offers both challenging and kid-friendly mazes for visitors. Hill Ridge Farms in Youngsville, N.C. is also a fun spot to visit, as kids will be delighted to meet and greet with the many animals on site, as well as take a train ride or hayride through the picturesque surroundings.
Fall Festivals and Spooky Celebrations
The town of Cary has tons to offer when it comes to Halloween-themed celebrations! Make a date to attend these area-wide events that offer thrills, chills and miles of fun.
- Fall Festival at Park West Village – Enjoy costumed trick-or-treating at 4 p.m., followed by a family-friendly movie at 6:30 p.m. Held on Thursday, October 25.
- Bond Park’s Pumpkin Flotilla – Enjoy a full day of fun and friendly competition with a pumpkin carving contest, costume contest and more! This popular event along the water also features live music, food trucks, face painting and more. The fun starts at 4 p.m. on Friday, October 26.
- Zombiepalooza – Get into the Halloween spirit by enjoying an outdoor screening of zombie short films made by local Cary community members. The thrills take place at the Cary Theater on Friday, October 26 at 7 p.m.
- Rocky Horror Show – Head to the Koka Booth Amphitheatre to enjoy a live performance of this Halloween camp classic. Held on Friday and Saturday, October 26 and 27, starting at 7:30 p.m.
- Haunted House at the Herbert Young Community Center – Enjoy a spooky night at this haunted house that will scare visitors of all ages. Held on Friday and Saturday, October 26 and 27.
- Costume Dance Party for Kids – The Cary Arts Center is hosting a costume dance party for children ages 3-10. Attendees will enjoy a host of art activities, dancing, refreshments and awards for best costumes. Held at 1 p.m. on Saturday, October 27
- Cary’s Great Pumpkin Carve – Head to the Downtown Cary Park for this celebration that features pumpkin carvings, awards, and a wonderfully appropriate screening of “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.” Held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 27.
- Halloween Mall Crawl – The Cary Towne Center will host a kid-friendly Mall Crawl, with safe trick-or-treating, storytelling and a magic show. Held at 4 p.m. on Saturday, October 27.
- Cary’s Ghost Walks – Learn all about Cary’s spooky side with this event that focuses on Cary’s creepy history! Held on Saturday, October 27 with tours starting at 7, 7:20, 7:40 and 8 p.m.
Simply put, no matter where you land, you’ll find plenty of fun fall surprises waiting in Cary! Enjoy a spooky and autumn-infused season where the weather, activities, and things to see and do are arguably all at their best.